This riddle really isn’t history-related at all, but I enjoyed doing it, so I thought I would share it. So, without further ado, here it is:
There are no tricks, just pure logic, so good luck and don’t give up.
- In a street there are five houses, painted five different colours.
- In each house lives a person of different nationality.
- These five homeowners each drink a different kind of beverage, smoke different brand of cigar and keep a different pet.
THE QUESTION: Who owns the fish?
- The Brit lives in a red house.
- The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
- The Dane drinks tea.
- The Green house is next to, and on the left of the White house.
- The owner of the Green house drinks coffee.
- The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
- The owner of the Yellow house smokes Dunhill.
- The man living in the centre house drinks milk.
- The Norwegian lives in the first house.
- The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
- The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
- The man who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
- The German smokes Prince.
- The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
- The man who smokes Blends has a neighbour who drinks water.